Find properties for sale in your area

Refine Property Search

Our History

J. G. Sawyers & Sons was founded in 1897 by John George Sawyers (1868-1924). Originally located in Grafton Street, Byker the office moved to 4 Market Street, Newcastle upon Tyne (pictured) where he worked with his son, Sydney Milton Sawyers (1895-1947).

Percy Sawyers (1902-1975), the youngest son of John George, joined the family firm at the Market Street branch and subsequently moved to the branch in Howard Street, North Shields (pictured).

Percy's son, Brian Sawyers (1936-1995), started at the Market Street branch working alongside his father before the opening of our current premises at the Whitley Lodge branch in 1963.

In 1981, Brian's son Nigel Sawyers, currently the Managing Director, started at the firm where he works with his mother Margaret Sawyers. In 2006, Nigel's son Andrew Sawyers joined the branch as the 5th generation of this well-established, family run firm.

Here at J. G. Sawyers & Sons, we are immensely proud of the fact that we continue to be a completely independent and family run firm. As a result, we offer the quality and professional service that people have come to expect over the years. We would like to thank all our clients for their support, many of whom continue to use our services time and time again.

About Us
About Us
About Us
About Us
About Us
About Us